Thursday, May 13, 2010

Response to Alice: How to Set a Custom URL on Facebook

5 Comments


Dear sell handmade crafts online blog,
I noticed you had a post about facebook pages. after I  read it I went out and made one your post was so helpful. But now I don’t know how to set my url to be my page name. right now its all numbers and hard for people to remember. I see others with urls like: www.facebook.com/artfire which is their page name. Can you help me?
sincerely,
Alice

Dear Alice,
Sounds like you're having trouble setting your vanity URL or username for your fan page.  Don't worry though, I can walk you though how to do it.  
Start by logging into Facebook. 
In your browser bar, enter in the URL: http://www.facebook.com/username 
Click the link at the bottom of the page reading "Set a username for your Pages".
Select your page from the dropdown menu. 
Enter the username you'd like to appear in your page's URL. It might be easiest to make this the same as your shop name so people have no trouble finding your fan page.  Remember you cannot change your username after it's been set. 
After you've make sure that the username is available, click save.
Your Facebook vanity URL should now be set! Try evering in your new URL to see if it takes you to your page. 

Hope that helps, let me know if you have other questions,

Sara

Sell Handmade Crafts Online



3MZ9XE8FG977

5 comments:

Sara of Sell Handmade Crafts Online May 14, 2010 at 8:26 AM

This comment has been removed by the author.

Unknown May 14, 2010 at 8:36 AM

Thanks for the post. I just set a username for my own facebook page.

The Taffy Box May 15, 2010 at 6:24 AM

I tried this but it says you have to have 25 fans before you can set a user name for your fan page. How do you get fans if you can't even do this step. Facebook is not my friend right now! Argh!

Sara of Sell Handmade Crafts Online May 17, 2010 at 10:15 AM

The Taffy Box,

Facebook does set a minimum number of fans to allow users to set a custom URL, however, they have been lowering this minimum since the option to create a URL was in place (it started at 100 fans, then dropped to 50, now it appears to be a 25). You can try waiting a little while for the number to drop again, or you could try to get your Facebook Fan page "out there" to get 25 fans. Hope that helps! :)

Sara

Unknown February 25, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Hello,
Nice blog about custom fan page
You need to make use of the application called the static FBML (Facebook MARKED UP LANGUAGE). This application is a step to customize your fan page. This would enable you to open 3 pages.
Custom Facebook Fan Page

Post a Comment